No. 19 Baseball at Curry
Thursday, March 28 | 3:30 p.m.
Jack Valley Diamond | Milton, Mass.
• Babson and Curry will meet for the 19th time in a series that dates back to 1982 on Thursday. The Beavers are 11-7 all-time against the Colonels and have won five of the last six games between the programs.
• David Lennon '18 and juniors Jake Oliger and Matthew Valente all had three hits and combined to drive in 10 runs as the Beavers defeated Curry, 17-1, on March 29, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Senior Connor Gill also contributed two RBI and classmate Nicholas Browne hit a two-run homer for Babson, which scored 10 runs over the first two innings.
LAST CURRY WIN
• Philip Perez scored the go-ahead run on a wild pitch as part of a three-run eighth inning that helped the Colonels defeat the Beavers, 3-1, on April 8, 2015, in Babson Park.
• Nick Crivello had three of the Colonels four hits, while George Crowley '16 went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI for the Green and White.
SCOUTING THE COLONELS
• Curry (5-8-1) has won just once over its last five games and is coming off a 4-0 loss to Lasell on Wednesday.
• First-year Jason Leonard doubled twice for the Colonels, who left seven runners on base and were blanked for the second time this spring.
• Junior Jared Keller is batting .385 with seven extra-base hits 11 RBI and 11 runs scored, while Leonard is hitting .263 with five doubles, a home run and seven runs batted in on the year.
• First-year Michael Mulrean is 1-0 with a 0.77 ERA in four relief appearances, while Zachary Wensley (1-3) owns a 3.57 ERA to go along with 22 strikeouts in 22.2 innings.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 19 Babson (11-2) extended its winning streak to 10 with a 9-2 victory over Framingham State on Wednesday.
• Valente and senior Eric Jaun both drove in a pair of runs and sophomore Alex Reynolds added a two-run homer in support of classmate Peter Feinman, who recorded a career-high nine strikeouts over six innings to earn his second win.
• Senior Edward Lehr is batting .380 with six doubles and 15 runs batted in, Oliger is hitting .378 with five doubles, a home run and 17 RBI, and Jaun enters the day with a .347 average to go along with four extra-base hits and 13 RBI.
• Senior Michael Genaro is 1-1 with a 1.13 ERA in three starts, Allard (3-0) boasts a 1.26 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 14.1 innings, and senior Max Tannenbaum is 2-0 with two saves in six relief appearances.
• The Green and White, which is hitting .329 with runners in scoring position through its first 13 games, scored eight of its nine runs with two outs in Wednesday's victory against Framingham State.
BRINGING THE HEAT
• In addition to Feinman's nine strikeouts, sophomore Tyler Bell and juniors Jack Theriault and Hunter Salem helped the Beavers' pitching staff record a season-high 15 strikeouts against Framingham State.
• On the year, the Green and White has fanned 106 batters in 114.0 innings.
DEPTH IN THE LINEUP
• All nine of Babson's starters recorded at least one hit for the second game in a row on Wednesday, and every starter has reached base safely in three consecutive outings going back to Monday's win over Plymouth State.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have outscored their opponents 76-25 over the first five innings this season.