No. 12/8 Baseball vs. UMass Dartmouth
Monday, April 8 | 3:30 p.m.
Govoni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and UMass Dartmouth will meet for the 36th time on Monday in a series that dates back to 1976. The Beavers are 14-21 all-time against the Corsairs but have won eight of the last 11 games between the programs.
• Senior Edward Lehr had two doubles and junior Jake Oliger went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBI to help Babson defeat UMass Dartmouth, 6-2, on April 9, 2018, in Dartmouth, Mass.
• Sophomore Alex Luka fanned six in seven innings to pick up his first career win for the Beavers. Zach Courier went 2-for-4 with a double for the Corsairs.
LAST UMASS DARTMOUTH WIN
• Cory DeMedeiros homered and George Agostini went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBI as the Corsairs defeated Babson, 7-4, on April 13, 2015, in New Bedford, Mass.
• David Lennon '18 drove in a pair of runs and Owen Shea '17 scored twice for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE CORSAIRS
• UMass Dartmouth (10-12) suffered a 4-2 loss in the second game of a doubleheader against Western Connecticut on Saturday.
• Jack Harrington and Mitch Baker both homered for the Corsairs, who own three wins on the year over top-25 opponents.
• Senior Chris Wood is batting .373 with five extra-base hits and 16 runs batted, junior Mike Knell is hitting .356 with five doubles, five home runs and 24 RBI, and classmate JR DiSarcina enters the week with a .340 average to go along with seven doubles and 19 runs scored.
• Junior Nate Teller is 1-1 with two saves and a 1.93 ERA in seven relief appearances for a UMass Dartmouth staff that has a 5.68 earned run average on the year.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 12/8 Babson (17-4) has dropped two straight after falling to Wheaton, 4-2, in the finale of a three-game series on Saturday.
• Lehr had three hits and senior Eric Jaun and junior Sean Harrington both drove in a run for the Beavers, who stranded eight runners in the loss.
• First-year Thomas Lapham is batting .370 with three doubles and 14 runs scored, Oliger is hitting .356 with seven doubles, four homers and 24 runs batted in, and Lehr enters the week with a .333 average to go along with six doubles and 16 RBI.
• Senior Michael Genaro (3-1) boasts a 1.42 ERA in 38.0 innings and junior William Gallagher is 1-0 with 15 strikeouts in 12 innings for a pitching staff that owns a 3.48 ERA on the year.
FILLING IN NICELY
• Lapham has started the Beavers' last six games at second base and is batting .375 (9-for-24) with three multi-hit games, four runs scored and an RBI during this stretch.
• He also has made just two errors in 38 chances and has helped the Green and White turn six double plays.
ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END
• Prior to Saturday's sweep at the hands of No. 25/23 Wheaton, the Beavers put together a program-record 16-game winning streak from March 15-April 5.
• Oliger, who homered in the second inning of Saturday's opening game to extend his hitting streak to 22, saw it come to an end with an 0-for-4 performance in game two against the Lyons. His streak is now the second longest in school history.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• After hitting five home runs over their first 16 games, the Beavers have already gone deep five times in five contests in the month of April.