Men's Lacrosse at Endicott
Wednesday, April 3 | 7 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Endicott will meet for the first time since 2008 on Wednesday in a series that dates back to the 2003 season.
• The Gulls are 3-1 all-time against the Beavers and have won each of the last three matchups.
• Jason Wellemeyer recorded four goals and an assist, but the Beavers fell to then-No. 16 Endicott, 13-5, on March 15, 2008, in Beverly Mass.
• Eddie O'Reilly and Andrew Harding scored three goals apiece for the Gulls, who built a 12-1 lead late in the third quarter.
LAST BABSON WIN
• The Beavers defeated the Gulls, 17-9, in the series debut on May 11, 2003, in Babson Park, Mass.
SCOUTING THE GULLS
• Endicott (3-6) defeated Gordon 18-7 on Saturday afternoon to move to 2-0 in Commonwealth Coast Conference play.
• Junior Mike Sudora and senior Matthew Faucher scored three goals apiece, senior Derek Yannone picked up a game-high 15 ground balls, and junior Austin Fournier logged three saves for the Gulls.
• Sophomore Jack Sutherland (12-8-20) has recorded at least two goals in each of the last four games, Sudora (13-1-14) has one man-up goal to his name, and Yannone has won 66.7 percent of his face-offs and picked up 90 ground balls.
• Senior Patrick Dean has posted a 9.83 goals against average to go along with a .547 save percentage in nine starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (5-4) has won three straight games and opened conference play with 20-2 win over Mass. Maritime on Saturday afternoon at MacDowell.
• Senior Samuel Mishkind contributed four goals and four assists, first-year Trevor Tyrer finished with two goals and three assists, and senior Niall Dillon scored twice and dished out two assists as the Beavers built a 15-1 halftime lead.
• Mishkind (26-8-34) is tied for eighth in the nation with eight man-up goals, Dillon (15-11-26) leads the Beavers in assists, and junior Owen Allen (15-5-20) has scored in four consecutive outings.
• Sophomores John Antaya and Jack Tague have combined to cause 20 turnovers while picking up 43 ground balls, and junior Christopher Aranalde has a 9.88 goals against average to go along with a .562 save percentage in nine starts.
TORREGROSA GARNERS NEWMAC RECOGNTION
• After winning a season-high 11-of-14 face-offs and picking up 12 ground balls, which is the most by a Babson player since 2016, first-year Hutch Torregrosa was tabbed as the league's defensive player of the week on Monday.
• Not to be outdone, classmate Jack Gregory won 8-of-9 face-offs against Mass. Maritime for the Green and White.
POINTS PILING UP
• Mishkind matched his career high with Saturday's eight-point outing and set a new career high with four assists against Mass. Maritime.
• He now ranks eighth in Babson history with 114 goals and is 11th on the school's career points list with 136.
• Heading into Wednesday's game, Babson has faced just four other programs and played only eight games in all against CCC opponents going back to 2013.
• The Beavers are 7-1 in their last eight games against CCC foes, which includes an 11-2 victory at Roger Williams their season opener back on February 20.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won 16 consecutive games when leading entering the fourth quarter, a streak that dates back to March 9, 2017.