Men's Lacrosse at Emerson
Saturday, April 13 | 4 p.m.
Rotch Field | Boston, Mass.
• Babson and Emerson will meet for just the fifth time on Saturday in a series that dates back to the 2014 campaign.
• The Beavers are 5-0 all-time and have outscored the Lions 72-8 in four previous matchups in addition to a forfeit victory in 2016.
• Five different players finished with two goals apiece as the Beavers defeated visiting Emerson , 19-4, in NEWMAC men's lacrosse action on April 14, 2018, at MacDowell Field.
• Senior Samuel Mishkind, juniors Thomas Jung and Matthew MacCune and sophomore Will Messner each scored twice for the Beavers.
• Jung and sophomore Mason O'Hanlon both dished out two assists and Jordan Shapiro '18 and junior Andrew Tymkiv made eight and four saves in the win, respectively.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
• Emerson (2-10, 0-2 NEWMAC) fell to Clark 17-3 last Saturday in NEWMAC action.
• First-years Alex Hrisanthopoulos and Hunter Gervais and senior Jared Brush all tallied goals for Emerson in the Lions' 17-3 setback, while first-year Malcolm McGrath recorded 12 saves.
• Brush (24-3-27) and first-year Skyler Celotto (19-2-21) have combined to score five man-up goals, while junior Austin DiPietro has won 150-of-228 faceoffs.
• McGrath has posted a 10.78 goals against average to go along with a .537 save percentage through 595 minutes of play
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-5, 2-0 NEWMAC), picked up a 9-5 win against Springfield on Saturday evening to stay undefeated in conference play
• Sophomore John Calicchio scored a career-high three goals, junior Owen Allen finished with a goal and two assists, and Messner had three ground balls and caused three turnovers.
• Mishkind (28-9-37) and senior Niall Dillon (16-13-29) have combined to score 13 man-up goals, Allen (17-7-24) has scored in six-straight games, and sophomore Jack Tague has caused 16 turnovers.
• Junior Christopher Aranalde has a 9.48 goals against average to go along with a .552 save percentage in 11 starts.
MISHKIND NEARING EXCLUSIVE GROUP
• Mishkind needs three more points to become just the fourth player in school history to record at least 40 points in three seasons at Babson.
• The others Babson Hall of Famers Chris Grant '81 and Jay Conroy '81, as well as Alex Patinkin '13, who is the Beavers' all-time leading scorer.
• Since allowing a season-high 19 goals in a loss to Bowdoin back on March 14, the Green and White has given up eight or fewer goals in four of its last five outings.
• During this stretch Babson owns 6.80 goals against average.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won 10 of their last 13 games in the month of April going back to 2017.