Women's Basketball at UMass Dartmouth
Wednesday, February 10 | 6:30 p.m.
Tripp Athletic Center | Dartmouth, Mass.
• Babson is 3-5 all-time against UMass Dartmouth in a series that dates back to 1984.
• The teams have met just twice since 2003 and Wednesday's contest will mark the first time the Beavers and Corsairs have played in Dartmouth since 1987.
• Payton Ouimette '19 led four players in double figures with 20 points and the Beavers used a 29-4 second-half run on the way to defeating UMass Dartmouth, 85-77, in the championship game of the Judy Pearson '85 Memorial Tournament on December 31, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Emily Bonifacic '20 added 19 points and Tea Spellacy '19 and Katherine Tamulionis '20 scored 18 points apiece for Babson, which trailed by as many as 12 late in the third quarter.
• Junior Jordan Moretti scored 25 points to go along with six rebounds and five steals to lead the Corsairs.
SCOUTING THE CORSAIRS
• UMass Dartmouth (1-2) routed Plymouth State 84-46 to pick up its first victory of the season on Saturday.
• Moretti scored 20 points, junior Caroline Wilson finished with 15 and classmate Jessica Carroll chipped in with 10 points for the Corsairs, who went 9-of-14 from beyond the arc on the way to building a 51-20 halftime lead.
• Moretti (13.0 pts, 8.3 reb, 7.0 ast) leads the team in scoring, rebounds and assists, Carroll (11.3 pts, 2.3 reb) is shooting 41.7 from three-point range, and junior Shaelyn Carreiro is chipping in with 8.3 points and 6.0 boards.
• UMass Dartmouth has limited its first three opponents to just 54.7 points per game on 31.6 percent shooting.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-0) completed a two-game sweep of Fisher with a 70-35 victory back on January 31.
• Sophomore Samantha Smith scored a career-high 20 points, while senior Katie Jones and first-year Kelly Walsh added 11 points apiece for the Beavers, who outscored the Falcons 36-16 in the paint.
• Walsh (15.5 pts, 5.0 reb, 3.5 ast) shot 62.5 percent from the floor against Fisher, Smith is averaging 15.0 points and 4.5 rebounds, and first-year Madison Odam (11.0 pts, 5.5 reb) shot 57.1 percent in two games off the bench.
• The Green and White shot 40 percent from beyond the arc and averaged 1.01 points per possession in its first two games.
• Walsh scored 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting, while Odam finished 17 points on 6-of-9 shooting in the season opener, an 88-42 win over Fisher on January 30.
• Walsh's 20 points are the most by a Babson first-year in their collegiate debut in more than a decade, surpassing Kathleen King's '12 18 points in a 77-69 loss to Plymouth State in 2008.
SHARING THE ROCK
• The Beavers recorded assists on 72.2 percent of their field goals in two games against Fisher, which included 20 assists on 26 baskets in the 70-35 victory on January 31.
• Sophomore Megan Bauman dished out a career-high seven assists in the season opener and averaged a team-high 6.5 dimes in the two victories.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• With the two victories over Fisher, head coach Judy Blinstrub passed Nancy Funk, who coached at Messiah and Johns Hopkins, for 10th on Division III's all-time list with 664 wins.
• One of three Babson players to score in double figures in each of the first two games, Jones went 13-for-14 (92.9 percent) at the free throw line against Fisher.
• Senior Nicole Hiller grabbed a career-high 11 rebounds in the Beavers' January 31 win over the Falcons.
• Babson returns home to face Bryant & Stratton (Buffalo) on Saturday at 1 p.m.