Women's Lacrosse vs. Wellesley
Saturday, March 23 | 12 p.m.
Outdoor Fields Complex | Wellesley, Mass.
• Babson and Wellesley will meet for the 43rd time on Saturday afternoon in a series that dates back to 1987. The Beavers are 21-21 all-time against the Blue and have won 15 of the last 16 matchups between the squads since 2007.
• Julia Harrigan '18 wons a game-high 11 draw controls and scored four goals and recorded an assist as Babson College defeated visiting Wellesley College, 19-6, in the NEWMAC season opener on March 22nd, 2018 at MacDowell Field.
• Sophomore Georgia Salvatore posted three goals and an assist, while classmate Juliana McGuire and senior Riley Buonagurio both logged two goals in the win. Senior Dacia Persky led the Blue with two goals and an assist.
LAST WELLESLEY WIN
• Chelsea Hooker and senior Nikki Sharkin each scored twice as the Blue defeated the Beavers, 8-6, on April 8, 2015, in Babson Park.
• McKenzie Tucci '16 scored a pair of goals and Kayla Farina '16 dished out three assists to pace Babson, which never led in the game. Farina also contributed a game-high four groundballs and added two caused turnovers for the Green and White.
SCOUTING THE BLUE
• Wellesley (3-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) is looking to extend its winning streak to three after beating UMass Dartmouth 21-11 on Tuesday.
• First-year Eleanor Mallett scored seven goals, Persky added five goals, and Ellie Chalpin scored three times for the Blue, which raced out to a 10-3 lead at the half.
• Persky (31-5-36) leads the NEWMAC in goals, Mallet (19-10-29) leads the team with 14 ground balls, and senior Lena Engbretson (3-11-14) is first on the squad in assists. Kat Gallison (4-1-5) is leading the team in draw controls with 28.
• Sophomore Kat Gallison is first on the team with 28 draw controls, while the duo of senior Chloe Tucker and first-year Lorna Li has combined to post a 12.60 goals against average and a .376 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-3, 0-0 NEWMAC) is coming off of a 17-10 victory against Ursinus.
• Senior Lexi Lenaghan matched her career-high with seven goals and sophomore Georgia Salvatore contributed five goals and three assists for a career-best eight points for the Beavers, who built a 12-5 halftime lead.
• Lenaghan (21-7-28) is third in the NEWMAC in goals, Salvatore (15-6-21) has a goal in 10 of the last 11 games, and McGuire (8-1-9) has won 19 draws and scooped up a team-high 12 ground balls.
• Sophomore Isabelle Lent leads the team with 29 draw controls, while classmate Cricket Fligor has posted a 10.50 goals against average and a .457 save percentage in six starts.
QUICK ON THE DRAW
• The Green and White won a season-high 22 draw controls in Wednesday's win at Urinus, marking the second time this season it has collected 20 or more draws.
• Lent led all players with six draw controls, McGuire and junior Valerie Quinlan finished with five apiece, and first-year Brooke Leveille collected four in the victory.
CHAMPS BEGIN TITLE DEFENSE
• Babson, which has won two straight conference tournament championships and two of the last three NEWMAC regular season titles, will play the first of eight league contests on Saturday.
• The Beavers have won seven consecutive NEWMAC openers and have been victorious to begin league play in 16 of the last 17 years going back to 2002.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have scored at least 14 goals in nine of their last 10 NEWMAC games and averaged 16.8 goals last year in league play.