Women's Soccer at Smith
Saturday, October 19 | 2 p.m.
Smith Soccer Field | Northampton, Mass.
• Babson is 23-19-3 all-time against Smith in a series that dates back to 1982.
• The Beavers had their 13-match unbeaten streak in the series snapped by the Pioneers last October.
• The last six meetings between the sides have been decided by a single goal or ended in a draw.
• Babson has come out victorious in each of its last seven trips to Northampton going back to 2005.
• Senior Reilly Sullivan scored the go-ahead goal in the 51st minute as Smith edged the Beavers, 2-1, on October 13, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Pioneers' junior Jessica Matsuoka and Babson's Jessica Fernandes '19 scored just 56 seconds apart midway through the first half.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
• Smith (6-7-1, 2-4-0 NEWMAC) snapped a four-game losing streak with a 1-0 win at Coast Guard on Tuesday.
• Senior Hannah Kelsey scored the only goal of the match in the 20th minute for the Pioneers, who got nine saves from sophomore goalkeeper Naomi Falkenberg.
• Junior Peyton McBride (5-2-12) has scored a pair of game-winning goals, classmate Etienne Oliver (2-3-7) leads the team in assists, and Kelsey, Matsuoka and sophomore Zufan Bazzano have all contributed two goals and one assist this fall.
• Falkenberg, who has started all 14 games, owns a 0.97 goals against average and a .875 save percentage to go along with one solo and four combined shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (5-7-1, 1-3-1 NEWMAC) is looking to rebound from a 5-2 loss at Springfield on Wednesday.
• Senior Maggie McCabe and sophomore Deanna Ruggiero both scored in the second half for the Beavers, who conceded three goals over the first 26 minutes of the contest.
• McCabe (1-4-6) leads the Green and White in assists, while sophomore Sydney McLaughlin (2-1-5) and junior Addie Lalor (2-0-4) have combined to produced three game-winning goals on the year.
• First-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich, who leads the NEWMAC with 96 saves, has posted a 1.13 goals against average and a .865 save percentage to go along with six clean sheets in 13 starts this fall.
• Ruggiero became the fourth Babson player to record her first career marker with Wednesday's 84th-minute tally at Springfield.
• Senior Julia Janikies collected her first goal with a penalty kick against Bates, junior Scarlet Broderick scored on a corner kick against Wheaton, and McLaughlin put away a pair of markers in last Saturday's victory over Coast Guard.
POINTS AT A PREMIUM
• Halfway through its 10-game NEWMAC slate, the Green and White is sitting on four points and is two points out of the final conference tournament spot, which currently belongs to Smith.
• Since the league expanded its playoffs to seven teams in 2013, no team with at least 13 points has been left out of the tournament. Babson needs three wins over its final five matches to get to 13 points.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 5-3-1 this season when ahead or tied at halftime.