Softball vs. Coast Guard
Saturday, April 3 | 12/2 p.m.
Alumni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 24-35 all-time against Coast Guard in a series that dates back to 1991.
• The Beavers have swept their last three doubleheaders against the Bears and have won seven in a row overall in the series since 2016.
• Ashley Tango '19 hit a two-run homer in the fifth inning and Katie Gademsky '20 tossed a four-hit shutout as Babson blanked Coast Guard 7-0 in game two of a twin bill on April 25, 2019, in New London, Conn.
• Graduate student Jacqueline Paul went 2-for-4 with two RBI and Tori Roche '20 doubled twice as part of the Beavers' 13-hit attack.
• Kayla Sowers recorded a pair of singles for the Bears.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Coast Guard (4-0, 4-0 NEWMAC) continued its dominant start by completing a sweep of Emerson with five-inning 8-0 victory last Saturday.
• First-year Christine Carey singled twice and scored a pair of runs, sophomore Katie Becker had two hits and recorded three RBI, and first-year Isabelle Shroyer tossed a one-hitter for the Bears, who blew the game open with a six-run second inning.
• Sophomore Kayla Yoshioka Montalvo is 9-for-14 (.643) with six RBI, classmate Mariah Dewey is batting .600 (9-for-15) with three doubles, two home runs and six RBI, and Carey is hitting .471 (8-for-17) with four doubles and five runs batted in.
• Shroyer (2-0) has now allowed a run in her two starts, while classmate Amanda Moore (2-0) boasts a 2.50 ERA and has 19 strikeouts in 14 innings pitched.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-0, 2-0 NEWMAC) finished off a season-opening sweep with a 4-2 game-two win last Saturday.
• Sophomore Sam Burggraf drove in the go-ahead run with a two-out single in the top of the seventh for the Beavers, who scored three times over the final two innings to erase a 2-1 deficit.
• Junior Isabel Aguilar went 4-for-7 (.571) with a home run and two RBI at WPI, Paul tripled and walked three times in seven plate appearances, and sophomore Aubrey Labouliere was 2-for-6 (.333) with a double and a run scored in her Babson debut.
• Graduate student Brooke Stock (1-0) recorded her 14th career shutout and recorded 12 strikeouts in the opener against the Engineers, while first-year Moira O'Reilly (1-0) went the distance in her collegiate debut allowing two runs and striking out 10.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• With 12 strikeouts against the Engineers, Stock now has 395 for her career. She needs three to pass Kathleen Conway '14 for third place on the Beavers' all-time list and five to join Ali Reilly '18 and Danielle Liska '10 as the only Babson pitchers with 400 strikeouts.
• Stock also became just the fourth pitcher in program history to make 80 appearances and moved into fifth place on the all-time wins list with the 38th of her career.
HOME, SWEET HOME
• Saturday's doubleheader will be the first at Alumni Field for the Green and White in over 23 months.
• The Beavers' last home twin bill was a sweep of UMass Boston on April 27, 2019.
• Babson went 7-1 against NEWMAC foes at home in 2019 and swept doubleheaders against Smith, Wheaton and Emerson after suffering a 7-2 loss to Wellesley on March 30.
• Paul's RBI triple in the first inning of game two last Saturday was the third of her career and her first three-bagger since April 14, 2018, at Emerson.
• The 22 combined strikeouts by Stock and O'Reilly are the most in a doubleheader since Stock and Katie Gademsky '20 combined for 23 in back-to-back shutouts of Clark on March 24, 2019.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have recorded at least one extra-base hit in 18 straight games against NEWMAC opponents dating back to April 5, 2019.