No. 20 Women's Volleyball vs. WPI
Tuesday, September 17 | 7 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 31-11 all-time against WPI in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Beavers have won three straight and 13 of their last 16 matches overall against the Engineers.
• Four players recorded nine or more kills and Babson hit .320 on the night as a team on the way to defeating WPI in four sets (25-20, 25-20, 21-25, 25-20) on September 11, 2018, in Worcester, Mass.
• Senior Kristin Carosotto put away 12 kills, junior Allie Puccio added 11, and senior Elizabeth Cameron contributed 38 assists, nine kills and three blocks for the Beavers.
• Senior Colleen Mullins led the Engineers with 14 kills and 13 digs.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• WPI (4-4, 0-0 NEWMAC) enters its conference opener having dropped two straight matches following a 3-0 loss to Keene State on Saturday.
• Junior Amanda Wetmore finished with nine kills and six blocks, and first-year Catherine Reynolds recorded 20 assists and 12 digs for the Engineers.
• Senior Colleen Mullins is averaging 2.64 kills and 2.07 digs per set, Wetmore is contributing 2.53 kills and 0.77 blocks, and junior Sarah Kwatinetz (2.00 k/s, 1.00 b/s) is hitting .329 on the year.
• Reynolds is dishing out 8.37 assists per set and leads the team with a 2.87 digs per set average.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 20 Babson (7-0, 0-0 NEWMAC) captured the MIT Invitational championship with a 3-1 win over RIT on Saturday afternoon.
• Puccio put away 15 kills while hitting .353 and Cameron finished with 35 assists, eight digs, seven kills and five blocks for the Beavers, who hit .280 as a team.
• Puccio is averaging 3.35 kills per set, Carosotto (2.44 k/s, 1.06 b/s) is hitting .308, and first-year Jordan Lapins is contributed 2.38 kills and 1.15 digs.
• Cameron is dishing out 9.61 assists per set, while sophomore Maddie Malee is averaging a team-high 3.55 digs per set.
REWRITTING THE RECORD BOOKS
• Cameron became just the second Babson setter to surpass 3,000 assists in Friday's win over Geneseo, and with three aces in Saturday's victories she now ranks 10th on the on program's all-time list with 121 for her career.
• Carosotto recorded a season-high six blocks in the win over RIT and now ranks second in Babson history with 266 career blocks. She needs just 14 to Krissy Robertson '16 to become the Beavers' all-time leader.
• First-year Laura Zuloaga put together a pair of strong performances in her collegiate debut on Saturday, totaling 11 kills and three blocks while hitting .429 to help the Green and White defeat Bowdoin and RIT.
• After averaging 11.75 digs per set over its first four matches of the season, Babson recorded 17.00 digs per set while sweeping three opponents at the MIT Invitational.
• Malee, who had a career-high 21 digs in the win over Bowdoin, averaged 4.40 digs per set on the way to earning MIT Invitational MVP honors, while fellow sophomore Samantha Hardan chipped in with 2.90 digs per game.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers, who were picked to win the NEWMAC in last month's preseason poll, have opened league play with a victory in each of the last seven seasons.