No. 21 Women's Volleyball at Simmons
Thursday, September 19 | 7 p.m.
Holmes Sports Center | Boston, Mass.
• Babson is 18-7 all-time against Simmons in a series that dates back to 1980.
• The Beavers have won eight of their last nine matches against the Sharks, but dropped their last trip to the Holmes Sports Center in 2017.
• Shannon Roseen '19 recorded six kills and Catherine Hunter '18 and senior Kristin Carosotto added four blocks apiece as the Beavers defeated Simmons in three sets (25-17, 25-17, 25-18) on October 11, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Abby Beecher '19 had a team-high 16 digs for Babson, which got at least two kills from eight different players.
• Reilly Coombs finished with eight kills and eight digs to lead the Sharks.
SCOUTING THE SHARKS
• Simmons (6-3) has won four straight matches and is coming off a 3-0 sweep of Southern Maine last Saturday.
• Junior Morgan Weeg led all players with 15 kills and sophomore Amanda Fortune hit .562 and finished with 10 kills for the Sharks, who served up 14 aces.
• Weeg is averaging 3.65 kills per set, first-year Sydney Iannantuono is contributing 2.41 kills per set, and Fortune is tallying 2.24 kills per set to go along with a team-high 21 total blocks.
• Junior Faith Gray-Williams is dishing out 9.59 assists, while classmate Morgan Lauvray leads the defense with a 4.81 digs per set average.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 21 Babson (8-0) stayed unbeaten with a 3-0 victory over WPI in its conference opener on Tuesday night.
• Junior Allie Puccio led all players with 14 kills and first-year Jordan Lapins added 10 kills while hitting .643 for the Beavers, who made just six attack errors over the first two sets.
• Puccio is averaging 3.52 kills per set, Lapins (2.56 k/s) is hitting .300, and Carosotto is contributing 2.24 kills and a team-high 0.95 blocks per set.
• Senior Elizabeth Cameron is dishing out 9.52 assists per set, while sophomore Maddie Malee is averaging 3.56 digs and 0.88 aces per set.
• One of 13 Division III teams without a loss, the Beavers' 8-0 start is the program's best since 1992 when they opened the year with 11 straight wins.
EASY AS ONE, TWO, THREE
• The Green and White has won seven of its first eight matches in three sets. The lone opponent to win a game during the Beavers' 8-0 start is RIT, which took the third set last Saturday at the MIT Invitational.
BEAVERS IN THE NCAA RANKINGS
• The Green and enters Thursday's match ranked 13th among Division III teams in hitting percentage (.266), 14th in aces per set (3.32), 21st in opponents hitting percentage (.094) and 40th in kills per set (12.84).
• Individually, Malee is 28th in aces per set, while Cameron's 9.52 assists per set ranks 45th nationally.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 31-0 going back to the start of last season when recording more kills than their opponents.